
Accusations emerge that he exploited women both in and out of his agency
New allegations emerged yesterday that the head of late actress Jang Ja-yeon's former agency not only ordered young women entertainers with his company to provide high-profile figures with drinks and sex, but also exploited a number of women not affiliated with the agency.
An employee who once worked at Kim Sung-hoon's agency told the JoongAng Ilbo on Thursday that Kim was very talented at winning the favor of high-profile figures by exploiting the actresses in his company. The employee spoke on condition of anonymity.
According to the worker's statement, Kim ordered actresses including Jang to be present at his office, room salons or karaoke bars in the Gangnam area and to entertain important men.
The employee added that actresses not under contract with Kim's agency also were asked to come along.
"Kim would call 20 or 30 young women the day before the meeting and tell them to be present at a certain place", said the employee.
Those women were mostly either entertainer or model hopefuls in their 20s and 30s.
"I asked one woman who looked like she was in her 30s what she does for a living. She simply replied that she was working at a major company", the employee said.
"I found out later that the woman was trying to get in with Kim because she wanted to be cast in a commercial as a housewife. They had hopes of becoming famous in show business someday".
Meanwhile, police investigating Jang's suicide reported yesterday that they will soon subpoena four people who have been sued by her older brother on charges of sexual exploitation.
"We came close to identifying exactly who and where they are. We will soon summon them for questioning", said officer Lee Myeong-gyun during a press briefing.
The brother filed a lawsuit against a total of seven people on March 13; he accused the other three of defaming his sister.
Lee also said that the police have identified the gender of five DNA samples obtained during a three-hour raid of Kim's old office in Samseong-dong, southern Seoul on Saturday. Four DNA samples are male, the last is female.
The police had seized 201 pieces of evidence, including hair and DNA samples, from the building, which had been used as Kim's agency until November.
"These samples were taken from the third floor of Kim's company. We will try to identify who came in and out of the floor where there was a bed", Lee said.
"We are examining whether the female DNA sample is Jang's".
The police said they are planning to again summon Yoo Jang-ho, the head of Jang's management company at the time of her death. Lee did not give a specific date or time for that appearance.
By Jang Joo-young, Lee Min-yong
New allegations emerged yesterday that the head of late actress Jang Ja-yeon's former agency not only ordered young women entertainers with his company to provide high-profile figures with drinks and sex, but also exploited a number of women not affiliated with the agency.
An employee who once worked at Kim Sung-hoon's agency told the JoongAng Ilbo on Thursday that Kim was very talented at winning the favor of high-profile figures by exploiting the actresses in his company. The employee spoke on condition of anonymity.
According to the worker's statement, Kim ordered actresses including Jang to be present at his office, room salons or karaoke bars in the Gangnam area and to entertain important men.
The employee added that actresses not under contract with Kim's agency also were asked to come along.
"Kim would call 20 or 30 young women the day before the meeting and tell them to be present at a certain place", said the employee.
Those women were mostly either entertainer or model hopefuls in their 20s and 30s.
"I asked one woman who looked like she was in her 30s what she does for a living. She simply replied that she was working at a major company", the employee said.
"I found out later that the woman was trying to get in with Kim because she wanted to be cast in a commercial as a housewife. They had hopes of becoming famous in show business someday".
Meanwhile, police investigating Jang's suicide reported yesterday that they will soon subpoena four people who have been sued by her older brother on charges of sexual exploitation.
"We came close to identifying exactly who and where they are. We will soon summon them for questioning", said officer Lee Myeong-gyun during a press briefing.
The brother filed a lawsuit against a total of seven people on March 13; he accused the other three of defaming his sister.
Lee also said that the police have identified the gender of five DNA samples obtained during a three-hour raid of Kim's old office in Samseong-dong, southern Seoul on Saturday. Four DNA samples are male, the last is female.
The police had seized 201 pieces of evidence, including hair and DNA samples, from the building, which had been used as Kim's agency until November.
"These samples were taken from the third floor of Kim's company. We will try to identify who came in and out of the floor where there was a bed", Lee said.
"We are examining whether the female DNA sample is Jang's".
The police said they are planning to again summon Yoo Jang-ho, the head of Jang's management company at the time of her death. Lee did not give a specific date or time for that appearance.
By Jang Joo-young, Lee Min-yong
Source : joongangdaily.joins.c... ( English
Korean
No comments:
Post a Comment